In order to complete today’s lesson:
- Watch the video.
- Find four examples of beautiful beginnings for how-to pieces.
- Analyze JUST the beginnings, and ask yourself: WHAT is the author doing? WHY is the author doing this? HOW?
- Make some notes as you answer these questions, so you don’t forget what you learned from these mentor authors.
- Write your own beginning FOUR different ways, mimicking each author’s style.
- Share your beginnings with someone who can provide you great feedback.
- Use this feedback and your own instincts to choose the beginning that you will use.