This asynchronous course is available NOW and may be accessed anytime and anywhere! If you are interested in upgrading your membership to wrap live debriefs around your asynchronous learning, cohorts begin meeting for six weeks at a time on June 4, 2023, July 9, 2023, and August 6, 2023. Register for the upgraded option, and look forward to hearing from me about your availability shortly after!
Once you’ve registered and signed in, you may access each module from this page, where they will be linked. This is a great page to bookmark, because you’ll be returning to it often.
Before you dive in, be sure to:
- Have a peek at the video above. You’ll find answers to frequently asked questions here and gain a greater welcome to the course.
- Complete this survey if you’ve chosen live debriefs. This is where you will share your availability. Please do this AFTER you have registered. The survey is only for registered participants who are committed to the upgraded course that includes live debriefs.
- Review your course overview. You’ll find a short one here and a more detailed one right here.
- If you’re participating with your school, attend your district’s welcome session, if one is offered. If you’re unable to attend, plan to access the video-recording.
- Reach out to me with any other questions or concerns. I’m happy to help.
In this session, we will define the six modes of expression, explore various examples, acquire critical design concepts, and plan to use the language of design during instruction and feedback cycles.02
In this session, we'll unpack the myth of the resistant writer, explore how our racial and political histories have shaped this mythology, and plan to engage writers and designers in meaningful identity work at the start of a new workshop experience.03
In this session, we'll distinguish multimodal writing processes from multimodal products, unpack sample units and lessons, and use them to inspire our own designs.04
In this session, we'll consider agility as a factor in quality curriculum design. We'll also design our own agile curriculum frameworks.05
In this session, we'll learn how to design an agile lesson that can be taught up close, across the distance, or in a hybrid learning context.06
In this session, we'll work to resolve the tensions caused by lack of time, resources, or expertise. We'll also learn how to serve writers and designers in their pursuit of authentic publication experiences.